International conference "Disinfection By-products in drinking water"
27th-29th October 2014
Municipal Hall, Mulheim an der Ruhr, Germany
This international conference will be organised by IWW Water Centre (DE), RSC (UK) and SCI (UK). A scientific poster session and an exhibition related to the topics of the conference will be included. It is expected that more than 200 attendees from all over Europe will take part. You will have the opportunity to talk to decision makers from water companies and regulators. The relevant scientific community will also be present. The programme comprises eleven keynote speakers and some twenty speakers from the call for papers.
More detalis on web-site: http://www.dbp2014.eu
The Disinfection By-Products are a class of components being of high interest for their potential health impacts on us as the consumers. Consequently, governments across Europe, and the EU have developed regulations, national and international standardization committees have come up with respective standards, and Dionex company has developed plenty of analytical approaches to determine DBPs and continually learning more... Today it is not only bromate or chlorite being of interest, components like chlorate and perchlorate and haloacetic acids are being focused for their presence not only in water samples, but also for their impact on fruit and vegetable products...
Look on some application notes about that on dionex.com web-site:
- AN 171. Determination of Disinfection Byproduct Anions and Bromide in Drinking Water
- AN 136. Determination of Inorganic Oxyhalide Disinfection Byproduct Anions and Bromide in Drinking Water
- AN 168. Determination of Trace Concentrations of Disinfection Byproduct Anions and
- AU154. Bromide in Drinking Water Determination of Bromate in Drinking and Mineral Water
- Poster. Evaluation of Various Anion-Exchange Chemistries for the Analysis of Trace Concentrations of Haloacetic Acids in Drinking Water Using Ion Chromatography and Suppressed Conductivity Detection