Accelerated Solvent Extraction (ASE®)
Accelerated Solvent Extraction (ASE)
OverviewIn-Cell Cleanup Tired of spending days on sample preparation? Tired of spending countless hours on labor-intensive sample preparation steps?
Accelerated Solvent Extraction (ASE®) is a patented technique for the extraction of solid and semisolid sample matrices using common solvents at elevated temperatures and pressures. ASE systems are available in the entry-level ASE 150 system, and fully automated ASE 350.
Extractions that normally take hours can be done in minutes using ASE with pH hardened pathways using Dionium™ components. Compared to techniques such as Soxhlet and sonication, ASE generates results in a fraction of the time.
The many steps involved in sample preparation can now be automated with ASE flow-through technology. Filtration and clean-up of solid samples can be achieved as part of the solvent extraction process in a single step. ASE offers a lower cost per sample than other techniques, reducing solvent consumption by up to 90%.
- Extractions for sample sizes 1-100 g in minutes
- Dramatic solvent reduction
- Wide range of applications
- Handles acidic and alkaline matrices
- Approved for use by the U.S. EPA and CLP Program
Dionex ASE systems can be applied to many industries
- Pesticides and herbicides
- PAHs and semi-volatiles
- Dioxins and furans
- TPH (DRO)
- Air sampling cartridges (XAD and PUFs)
- Brominated flame retardants
- ASE meets all of the requirements for extraction under U.S. EPA SW-846 Method 6860 Method 3545A for Pressurized Fluid Extraction, and is accepted under CLP SOW OLMO4.2.
Pharmaceutical and Natural Products
- Active ingredients
- Drug delivery devices and packaging
Polymers Using ASTM Method D7210
- Oils and organic acids
- Xylene solubles
- Polymer additives (polyolefins, PVC)
- Vitamins and antibiotics
- Natural products
- Pesticides and herbicides in food
- Pesticide residues
- Fat and lipid determination after acid pre-treatment
- Herbal and dietary supplements
- Paper and pulp
- Bio fuels
- Textiles and fibers
Accelerated Solvent Extraction Systems
- The ASE 150 system is an entry level system for laboratories with modest throughput.
- The ASE 350 system is a sequential extraction system capable of automated extraction of up to 24 samples.
Accelerated Solvent Extraction Accessories
- Dionex offers ASE accessories to improve productivity and allow sample tracking.
Accelerated Solvent Extraction Consumables
- Dionex offers parts and accessories are designed and manufactured to meet the unique specifications of ASE® instrumentation and meet the quality requirements of modern analytical laboratories.
Accelerated Solvent Extraction (ASE) 150and 350 System